And so it is here, the day where I stop counting days and have been counting down the hours since this moring.
Of course, I was NOT impressed when I found out moments ago that my hour count has just gone back up almost two hours due to flight delays. I am currently trying to remain calm while my mind has a spazz of its own as my mum (and former flight attendant) threw a whopping list (at least it seemed that way) of things I need to do/confirm when checking in at the airport to ensure that this delay does not stop me or my luggage from making my connecting flight in London.
Needless to say, my response to this mental spazz is to sit back, enjoy the last glass of wine in my fridge, and think about all the things I can’t wait to experience on this trip – which is how I ended up here, writing this post.
Here are the top twenty things I can’t wait to see or do while in Paris. My goal is that I will get a photograph of myself doing each of these things and will upload them as soon as possible after the fact. (They will all be linked to the page My Parisian Experience so for anyone following along, they’ll all (hopefully) in one spot!)
And so, here they are:
1. Our tour of the Henri Cartier-Bresson show at Centre Pompidou
2. Climb to the top of the Arc de Triomphe
3. Stroll down Champs Elysees
4. Visit the Catacombs
5. Visit the Pantheon
6. See world renowned archives of important photographic institutions.
7. Go to the Opera, more to see the building than any show!
8. Visit Notre Dame Cathedral
9. Visit Parc St. Cloud and/or Parc de Seaux, where Atget photographed (as well as any other sites I can find!)
10. What trip to France would be complete without the Eiffel Tower!? I must make it to the top!
11. Explore the markets (food, glorious food!)
12. Picnics avec beaucoup de vin et de fromage!
13. Take lots of photographs
14. A walk through Luxembourg Gardens (and see the fountains!)
15. Try to be adventurous and try new French foods (I can already see this is going to be a tough one…it’s going to take a lot of wine for me to try escargot or frog’s legs!!)
16. Parler plus français!!
17. I’m an art fanatic… obviously a visit to the Louvre is in order! I don’t care how cliche it is, I must see Mona Lisa, Aphrodite (aka Venus de Milo), and Winged Victory of Samothrace.
18. Our day trip to Versailles
19. Send postcards to family and friends
20. And last, but by no means least, MANGER PLUS PATISSERIES!! nom nom nom!